Thursday, March 14, 2013

Quilting updates

quilt stack

Well, I certainly haven't been very chatty lately have I? There are a lot of things brewing in the pot that I can't talk about right now.  In the meantime, i'll share some finished quilts with you. These are all for Kari Bruck Photography and will be shipped out really soon.
Scrappy Trip-along in low volume
I succumbed to the #ScrappyTripAlong which was all over instagram over the holiday season.  I chose to make it in a lowvolume palette of blues and creams for a baby boy.  Since it's a baby quilt and therefore very small, it was done in a jiffy which is the best thing about sewing these baby quilts.

I really love how this one turned out in the blues - so relaxing and a great stash buster. I love it so much i'm going to make another one in low volume pinks.  I have plenty of stash that needs to be busted.

I chose to lay this out in a chevron pattern instead of the traditional diamond shapes because I cant ever do anything as I'm told. Next up is this Pinked-up version of the grannie squares quilt - made as part of the ORBC Quilt-along on flickr. It has this totally awesome pink zebra print on the back. Diva in training mayhap?
 Grannie Squares Diva in Training quilt
Untitled
Finally, I also finished off my Dancing Stars quilt designed by Amy (Amy's creative side)Dancing Stars baby quilt Raspberry Lemonade


I tried out some feather quilting on this one just as practice. That was fun too. It's inspired me to mix it up a bit in my quilting. I might try scallops on the last baby quilt that needs some quilting. feathers


They are all washed up and ready to ship out.

3 comments:

Robin said...

nice work Caroline!
you have a great quilt model as well!

Lisa Lisa said...

Beautiful, Caroline!

sophie said...

All the quilts have wonderful color palettes. Great work!