Saturday, September 22, 2012

Quilting for a cause

Quilting for a cause QT for Sarah
When Diane from blank pages announced she was seeking submissions for quilt blocks to turn into quilts for Quilting for a cause  I was thrilled.  I have had 2 quilt tops lying around for awhile that I didn't plan to turn into quilts, so this was the perfect opportunity to donate them and put them to good use.  Diane has since been overwhelmed with donations and has solicited help in quilting and binding these blocks.  Meanwhile Sarah TX offered to do the FMQ and a collaboration was born.  Diane organized this Flickr group as an outlet for quilters to turn those unused blocks and tops into something useful that could be donated to charity.  Since she started the group, over 100 participants from around the globe have joined in. Great stuff.

Here is the top I sent to Sarah.

My drunkard's path experiment.
Quilting for a cause QT for Sarah
 I have one more that I might just quilt up myself and then another one that's already sandwiched that I'll send off to a longarm quilter who has offered her services.

And a short while later, here is the result of Sarah’s quilting handiwork! Beach Walk    

Turned out great huh? She did an awesome job and now the quilt can be donated to Ronald McDonald House.
  Beach Walk label   
What a great way to help out those in need and join in a collaborative effort. Thanks to Diane for making it all happen and to Sarah for realizing the dream.



Want to join in? Go check it out!
Quilting for a Cause
Happy Sewing!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh I love this! It's gorgeous!