Thursday, April 15, 2010

Mod Blooms quilt complete and the hexies begin!

mod blooms quilt
Woohoo - I finished up 2 more quilts ~ One for March and one for April. I have been unofficially trying to make one quilt every month of 2010. I'm not sure why I set this goal for myself and I'm pretty sure that it won't happen during the summer, but so far I'm on track.

I'm super thrilled with the mod blooms quilt - I really love that it turned out just like I envisioned it ~ doesn't always happen that way. I used Paula Prass' Woodland delight fabrics. mod blooms quilt I seem to love every line that Paula does even more than the last one. Kind of dangerous for me, but these colors were perfect for my family room and I love the mod vibe. Oh and the best part is they were a free fat quarter set that I won off one of her bloggy giveaways - so thank-you Paula once again :)
mod blooms quilt

The print fabrics are paired with Kaufman's Kona in coal for sashing and blocks and coral and robin's egg blue for the block coordinates. The back is the large modern flora print and a few extra blocks to add some width. I'm still learning on the whole quilt thing. I think I should've cut the backing and put the blocks further into the middle, but live and learn.

The blocks are sort of inspired by classic blocks with a wonky twist, then sashed with the solid gray. Hmm, maybe the whole thing needs a matching pillow...
mod blooms quilt


And then, my 60 degree ruler arrived! Yippee Skippy - so without further adieu, here are my hexies for the hexagon quilt-along
Botanical Blues hexies
Happy Sewing!

5 comments:

wishes, true and kind said...

What a fabulous finish to your Mod Blooms quilt, and I just love you hexies!

Unknown said...

What a delightful representation of Woodland Delight. I LOVE IT! I'd love to feature it on my blog.
So glad you won the giveaway.

Julie @ Jaybird Quilts said...

your hexies are looking great!!

Jeannie said...

I love your quilt and I love your hexagons! Those colors are just to yummy!

Aubrey Leong said...

Wow, your quilt turned out beautiful!! Great job!