Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Charm Pack Possibilities


Charm packs are those little 5" squares of fabric sold in quilt shops for quilting, presumably - but they also have other uses. Here is one option. Sew up those little squares into a patchwork fabric, add a coordinating fabric and voila! A skirt, a dress - you name it. This is my latest favorite thing to use - I think I'm on garment 3 right now - oh and did I forget to mention that you can find them for under $10 usually - sometimes well under. A steal for all those fabrics and you don't have to buy yardage of multiple prints.

Here's one option made of Moda's Posh print - made into a skirt.
I like the plain pink tee with this already busy skirt, so I added the rosettes to spice it up a bit.
Perfect fall school outfit. This one was intended for the etsy shoppe but my daughter decided she loved it - who knew?! Maybe next time...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am a big fan of charm packs! I use them for quick patchwork skirts as well!

Anonymous said...

beautiful!!! Great fabrics... love the rosettes too!

Debbie said...

love the colors and if A wants, by golly she should get it!