Monday, June 11, 2012

Pattern testers wanted

Calling all pattern testers
THANK-YOU to everyone who volunteered to test sew.  I now have all the pattern testers I need.  


Greetings sewists! I'm getting ready to launch a new pattern - it's the cell phone wristlet pattern, much overdue but finally finished.

The pattern is all done but I would love to get some pattern testers to let me know what they think of the instructions and to get general feedback on the written pattern. If you're willing to be a pattern tester, and have some experience sewing purses/bags etc please comment here or send me an email at cascadeskids at gmail dot com. Ideally I'd love to get at least some beginning and some more advanced sewers, so if you want to test the pattern let me know what you would consider your sewing 'level'. You would also be required to send me an email with your review of the pattern. Nothing formal or fancy, just places where you thought the instructions weren't clear or areas that you think need improvement.

P{l}PS extra... for Lisa Chavez

You must be able to sew this up and review it in the next 2 weeks - so please don't volunteer unless you have time to do the sewing and get it reviewed. For being a pattern tester you'll get a hardware kit from me and the pattern for free but you'll have to supply your own fabric/interfacings and you do get to keep your wristlet of course. I would like to get US residents only so that I can get this turned around a little quicker. I only need about 4-6 testers so get those emails rolling. I'll post back here when I'm done gathering volunteers. Hopefully tomorrow.

NOTE - if your account is set to no-reply I won't be able to get back to you because I cant see your email address - please email me directly or make sure you're comments are set to reply with your email adress.  Thanks!  Come one, come all! Happy Sewing! P{l}PS4 Cell phone wallet for Lisa Chavez

16 comments:

The Queen said...

I can test sew it for you.

DianeY said...

I'd love to be a pattern tester and I have the time definitely. I guess I'd have to consider myself an intermediate seist. I have sewn for a good number of years, mainly clothing, and restarted quilting about 3 years ago. I also have made quite a few bags in the last year, mainly as gifts, and this little wristlet of yours is something that I'd love to make!
Let me know if you need me-I don't have a blog, but I'm an avid follower!
Diane Young

Shayla Sharp said...

Oh! Oh! Pick me! :) I'd love to test this one out--I'm probably somewhere in the intermediate to advanced range on my good days. ;)

Michelle @ Barabooboo said...

Hi there,
I am Canadian :( !! but I would love to test your pattern, I would supply my OWN hardware (zipper, D-ring, label, lobster claw, magnetic closure and of course interfacing and some awesome fabric). I sew bags and wallets all the time among many other things, am an advanced sewist, and already have all of these supplies in my sewing stash (which takes up 25% of my home to my husband`s dismay!)....I am totally willing to review and email you with the details and my thoughts and pics pf the pattern!!
Michelle :)
michelletripper(at)yahoo(dot)ca

Celine said...

Hi Caroline,

I just love your wrislet and would be very happy to review the pattern for you, even though I am not in the USA. I am currently making a little pouch for my daughter, so this is right into my current sewing area ;-)
If you are happy for me to review your pattern but the mailing of the hardware is too much trouble, I can probably get my own! Let me know if I can help. I would say I am an intermediate sewer. Good luck anyway!
Celine_Combet at yahoo.co.uk

eholst said...

I am a beginner (just put my first zipper in this spring), but I would love to try and test your pattern! I saw it on Flickr a month ago or so, and have wanted to make one for my iPod nano :)
If you're interested, you can email me back at elise (dot) holstein (at) gmail (dot) com.

grandmarockton said...

Would love to test your pattern I've only made 1 purse before but have been sewing almost forever

Cindy said...

Hey there! I actually have wanted to be a pattern tester. I am an intermediate sewer and have made more bags & pouches than I can count. I'm very reliable and would be glad to test your pattern if you need someone. This is an adorable wristlet!

Neeroc said...

Love this! And would be happy to test, and as you can imagine, thanks to our friend, I *may* have everything in triplicate to supply my own hardware (I'm in Canada)...if that works for you.

I'm...enthusiastic? rather than advanced *g*

And I'm neeroc at gmail

Camille said...

I'd love to test it out for you. I'm here in the US of A.

I'd say I'm a pretty good beginner to intermediate. I've made a crap ton of quilts over the last few years, and made a handful of purses and zip pouches.

Either way I'm excited about this pattern. Such a nifty design.

lucierose said...

Hi, Caroline- I'd be happy to test sew your pattern for you. This is one of the best designs I've seen for a phone holder. I'd love to try it out. I've sewn a lot of purses and bags and consider myself to be at least an intermediate sewer...thanks, Linda
lucierose48@yahoo(dot)com

chloeandme said...

Very cute! I will test your pattern for you if you would like me to.
I have made lots of Pouches u can see my pics at http://www.flickr.com/photos/53856688@N07/
You can email me at Jackie@Pacitti.us or flicker mail me ....Jackie :)

Claudia said...

I would love to test this for you however I am busy this week planning for a trip next week. I will however have all the time in the world after the 22nd. I've never done bags but I've made a ton of other things. I would say I am intermediate.
My email is claudiashomeatyahoodotcom

Beezus said...

I'd be happy to test your pattern for you, but it looks like you already have plenty of volunteers. Just let me know if someone drops out and I'll happily jump in. :)

Julie said...

wow!! I will be watching for this pattern to come out. this is just what i need.

Corinne said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.