Thursday, June 23, 2011

PTS 5



It's that time again in Flickr-land, time for the ever popular Pillow Talk Swap, round 5.
PTS 5 sneak peek
This is a quickie round without the full compliment of usual cohorts, but quite fun nevertheless. Partners were given out a few weeks ago and I've just finished up my pillow for this round. I hope my partner likes it! My partner is a bit more of a traditional quilter from what I can tell, so I hope that this choice reflects their tastes. I chose to go with english paper-piecing of 60 degree diamonds into these tumbling block shapes. PTS5 peek
The Y chromosomes in my house both liked it but then again, they are always eyeballing things with Escher-esque overtones, so that was no surprise.

Lots of bright colors which my partner seems to prefer and paired with starkly contrasting black and white. I used some of Carolyn Gavin's Spring street line as the border/back and added some gathers to give it more texture.
Off to other parts of the union she goes....where will she surface next?...


Happy Sewing!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Caroline... you amaze me. I don't know where you find the time to do so much quilting. All your projects are so beautiful!

Gail Lizette said...

love it!! especially the "Escher-esque overtones!" The gathering on the border is lovely too. How long did it take to paper piece something that size?

claudia becker said...

thank you for showing your process!
Your work is wonderful, I'm drooling!!