Monday, April 12, 2010

Some progress


Nothing like a productive weekend to really put a dent in your to-do list. I love weekends like that - sad but true. The best weekends are the ones where we get a lot done. Why is that?

Onto the good stuff. I managed to get 2 quilt tops done. One for the new wave quilt (oh Fransson). This one is straight from the new wave files - I even used a fat quarter pack from Fabricworm that Elizabeth designed. Not very original of me I know, but I love the fabrics she
chose including the Anna Maria Horner voile in there that is so so soft.

The next quilt is and one of my own design that I'm calling the Mod Blooms quilt. It's done in Paula Prass' Woodland delight in the grey colorway and paired with Kona coal, coral and sky blue. I really love how it's turning out. Now to bind it...


The hexagon quilt along is going to have to wait for a few more days since I am still patiently (not) waiting on the arrival of my 60 degree ruler. I did get my strips cut and sewn. This hexie quilt is a bit of a stash buster which is always good news. No new fabric purchased for this one. Yay!

And the best of all ~ happiness is a new ironing board and iron. This is kind of funny because I really dislike ironing. If you have a shirt that needs to be ironed you might as well do it yourself, because if you wait on me it will never ever get done. The irony here is that I'm always ironing when I'm sewing, just not anything else. Weird how things work sometimes. My old one was spitting and spurting and generally in disagreement with my ironing projects. Thanks to hubby for this fantabulous anniversary gift ~ I love my shiny new iron.


Happy Sewing!

6 comments:

wishes, true and kind said...

Wonderful work you're doing! I love your Mod Blooms quilt! Great colors, great fabrics, great design -- a really fun quilt!

Regina of SandDance Designs said...

Caroline, these are truly fabulous! I don't know which one I love more. The design is a wonderful, modern spin on the ordinary quilt.

willow and moo said...

Me too! I iron all the time when I am sewing, but rarely iron clothes. DH irons his own stuff!

Great quilt tops. :)

Petra said...

Wow, Caroline, these tops are just beautiful!! The Mod Blooms is particularly fabulous, the colours are great together!

Petra said...

Wow, Caroline, these tops are just beautiful!! Particularly the Mod Blooms, the colours are great together!! Stunning!

random Cindy said...

Wonderful! Amazing, you did all that in a weekend?? Great design on the middle one, I like the gray sashing. Love the bottom colors, those are the colors I'm using to decorate my sewing space.